Vacancy: Head of Internal Audit
Date: 4th July 2019
Main purpose of job
To provide independent and objective assurance to the Executive and Audit Committee regarding the state of operations and risk / control environment of business operations managed or overseen by Asta and managed clients. Act as a trusted advisor to the Board and Executive Management in providing value-added services and proactive strategic advice.
Key personal skills required
- Excellent influencing, networking and relationship management skills with the ability to establish good working relationships, both within the organisation, managed syndicates and external co-sourcing partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to address both senior management and senior syndicate technical staff, finance staff and small groups within the business.
- The ability to analyse, interpret and present complex data effectively.
- The ability and credibility to be able to take a stand on material issues to satisfy regulatory requirements and be independent and objective to the business.
- Lateral thinking to be able to provide solutions to business issues.
Key technical skills, knowledge and professional qualifications required
- Deep understanding of IIA Professional Standards and latest industry approaches and apply these to all audits.
- Practical experience in working in Financial Services sector (preferably in Insurance including the Lloyd’s of London market).
- Experience of working in a Professional Services auditing / consulting environment an advantage.
- Experience of reviewing and editing technical reports sufficient to challenge and enter into discussions with Partners of co-sourcing entities.
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely in writing, provide papers adequate to enable senior management, and in particular the Audit Committee, to adequately arrive at informed decisions and to monitor the activities of Internal Audit function.
- IT (Microsoft Office) and the ability to adapt to the use of other appropriate IT tools as necessary.
To apply for this position please email Ann Bearwish, HR Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 12th July 2019.
Strictly no agency calls or emails please