Vacancy: Head of Risk
Date: 14th May 2019
Main purpose of job
To support the CRO in all aspects of risk management and to ensure that Asta and managed syndicates have an appropriate and robust risk management framework.
Responsible for the development and training of other members of the risk team.
Key personal skills required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate complex regulatory issues and their implications succinctly for colleagues.
- Self-assured with the confidence to participate and contribute to discussions with syndicates and senior management.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Self-motivated, proactive and decisive.
- Close attention to detail with the ability to complete projects and keep to deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
Key technical skills, knowledge and professional qualifications required
- Risk management or similar professional qualification. Up to date with current risk management methodologies, including a good understanding of performance measurement (KRIs / KPIs), risk appetite frameworks and general risk management processes.
- Experience in a risk management role, ideally in the Lloyd’s market. Should have enough knowledge of all functions and activities of a Lloyd's Managing Agency to effectively identify and manage corporate risks.
- Up to date with regulatory, legal and compliance developments including:
- Knowledge of regulatory framework and in particular Solvency II
- Knowledge of Lloyd’s minimum standards
- Knowledge of the PRA and FCA regulatory framework.
- Good commercial awareness with a proven record of acting as an adviser on a range of corporate/commercial issues contributing to the financial success of businesses.
- Highly PC literate, ideally with working knowledge of Magique or similar risk management software
To apply for this position please email Ann Bearwish, HR Director, email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 20th May 2019.
Strictly no agency calls or emails please