Vacancy: Interim Deputy Head of Syndicate Finance
12 months full-time contract
Date: 11th June 2019
Main purpose of job
To act as deputy to the Head of Syndicate Finance and to support the Chief Financial Officer in all aspects of running the Syndicate Finance function. In particular to oversee, review and be responsible for regulatory and monthly management reporting in respect of certain Lloyd’s entities. To attend various boards and committees at syndicate board level and to deputise for the HoSF at MA committees/boards as required.
Key personal skills required
- Works well under pressure with the ability to produce consistently accurate work to tight deadlines and the ability to perform high quality focussed reviews under tight time pressure.
- Confident personality with good verbal and written communication and willingness to challenge. Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships. Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach, but sufficient judgement to know when to refer to Head of Syndicate Finance.
- Well organised and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team and across the business.
Key technical skills, knowledge and professional qualifications required
- Solid understanding of fundamental accounting principles.
- Qualified Accountant with minimum of 3 years PQE.
- Extensive experience of Lloyd’s reporting requirements, including involvement in the preparation of Core Lloyd’s Market Returns.
- Sound knowledge of IT systems in use within the Asta accounting function – especially Excel, Vision, Sun Accounts.
- Good commercial awareness with a proven record of acting as an adviser on a range of corporate/commercial issues contributing to the financial success of businesses.
- Previous experience of managing a team and deliverables to multiple stakeholders.
To apply for this position please email Ann Bearwish, HR Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 21st June 2019.
Strictly no agency calls or emails please