Vacancy: Internal Audit Manager (x2)
Date: 4th November 2019
Main purpose of job
To provide support to the Head of Internal Audit in the development and delivery of the Annual Audit Plan and any additional work that might arise, including corporate governance reporting. Ultimately so that the Internal Audit function can provide independent and objective assurance to the Executive and Audit Committee, regarding the state of operations and risk/ control environment of business operations managed or overseen by Asta and managed clients.
Key tasks required
- Manage and / or perform internal audits in accordance with the Annual Audit Plan. This will involve interviewing staff and clients, gathering evidence, analysing processes and procedures and producing audit reports which clearly describe findings and associated recommendations. In line with professional internal audit standards.
- Assist in managing audits (end-to-end) being performed as part of the Annual Audit Plan by co-sourced partners - liaising with co-source providers, Asta Group employees and managed syndicates as necessary.
- Monitor the progress of agreed actions arising from finalised audits, to verify these have been implemented satisfactorily (and escalate potential issues to management where appropriate).
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in ensuring informative and timely reporting to both management and the Audit Committee on matters of governance, risk management and internal control. May be required to present and respond to Audit Committee, senior management and client queries.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in maintaining the documented audit universe and drafting of an annual audit plan (that is aligned to the key risks and strategic priorities of the business).
- Management responsibilities for the Internal Auditor, which includes providing them with the support and develop opportunities they require (when appointed).
- Co-operate with other managers involved in corporate governance, compliance and risk management functions to ensure effective coordination of all assurance functions both during the formulation of annual assurance plans and on an ongoing basis.
Key personal skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including reporting writing), with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Highly organised, including effective time management/planning skills.
- Good self-motivation and ability to be adaptable to a changing environment, with a willingness to get involved in whatever tasks need doing for the good of the team.
- Attention to detail, particularly when helping to prepare documents and reviewing the work of others.
- Confidence to provide constructive criticism in the working environment, and to be able to back this up with objective analysis and recommendations.
- Excellent numerical skills, together with the ability to analyse, interpret and present complex data.
- Ability to identify wider issues in respect of matters arising by reference to knowledge of the business and the insurance market. Ability to adapt to the challenges of both the changing syndicate base managed by Asta and the surrounding business environment.
Key technical skills, knowledge and professional qualifications required
- Clear understanding of IIA Professional Standards and latest industry approaches and apply these to all audits.
- Demonstrable experience in the London insurance market, including Lloyd’s syndicates.
- Good level of commercial awareness, and previous exposure to working with other risk assurance teams, an advantage.
- Professional accountancy / audit qualification [desirable].
- Effective report writing skills and ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely in writing.
- IT (Microsoft Office) and the ability to adapt to the use of other appropriate IT tools as necessary.
To apply for this position please email Mandy Lamptey, firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 22nd November 2019.
Strictly no agency calls or emails please