Vacancy: Risk Assistant
Date: 23rd November 2021
Main purpose of job
To work under the direction of more experienced members of the Risk team to assist with:
- Magique risk system maintenance
- Collection and analysis of data, drawing out trends, exceptions and risks
- Drafting reports
- Developing a knowledge in allocated specific risks and emerging risks
Key personal skills required
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and written skills that enable the job holder to build trust with senior members of Asta and the managed syndicates, and persuade them of the business benefits of an embedded enterprise-wide risk management culture.
- Credibility: Possess an enthusiasm for risk management that persuades others of its value. Potential to become confident and able to deal at senior levels within Asta and the managed syndicates to influence business leaders.
- Integrity: The ability to take a coherent, clear approach where required.
- Flexibility: The ability to retain a sense of perspective and recognise the occasional collision between “real world” situations and reality.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Personality: The ability to work both independently and within a wider team.
- Initiative: The ability to contribute to on-going development / improvements through original thinking, persuasive argument and a considered approach.
- Accuracy: High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Key technical skills, knowledge and professional qualifications required
- A basic understanding of the insurance market and risk, with a basic understanding of the activities of a Lloyd’s syndicate.
- A keen interest in the understanding of risk management and control concepts.
- A basic understanding of Solvency II and other regulatory requirements; an understanding of how they impact on the business desirable.
- Experience of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to an intermediate level desirable. Experience of the Magique risk management system is desirable.
To apply for this position please email email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 7th December 2021.
Strictly no agency calls or emails please