The Asta Apprenticeship Scheme
Date: 31st July 2019
Our Apprenticeship Scheme is now open to one, possibly two, ‘A’ level students that will have completed their studies this year. The scheme will start in late September/early October 2019 for a period of 18 months and will involve rotating between two or more functions, and if applicable, provide administrative support to other teams at peak times.
Gain experience and a qualification
As well as gaining valuable exposure to the activities of a Lloyd’s managing Agent, the successful individual will be provided with training and support from Asta’s apprenticeship levy partner, FWD, whilst they complete the CII Certificate in Insurance.
How do I get onto the scheme?
The selection process will involve online assessments and a face to face interview.
Please send a CV application along with a covering letter with a response to the following two questions:
- What attracts you to our Apprenticeship Scheme?
- What is your long term career ambition?
What do I get in return?
Apprentices start on a salary of £20,000 which will be reviewed after 1 year, and they will receive a number of staff benefits including pension, 25 days annul leave entitlement and sports club membership. If you successfully complete the CII Certificate in Insurance, you will also receive a £500 completion bonus at the end of the scheme and a further £500 if you successfully complete the Level 3 qualification.
A copy of the job profile providing further details is below.
To apply for an Apprenticeship or if you have any questions regarding the scheme please contact a member of the HR team at HRprocess@asta-uk.com
The deadline for applications is Friday 23rd August 2019.
Apprentice – 18 month Apprenticeship Scheme
HR Manager and Placement managers
Summary of the opportunity
Following the success of the Apprenticeship Scheme, we are looking for an ‘A’ level student who will be employed for a fixed period of 18 months on a rotational scheme. The Apprentice will gain valuable exposure to the activities of a Lloyd’s Managing Agent where they will spend placements within various business functions which may include providing the following teams with administrative support:
- Governance – Including Company Secretarial and Compliance
- Syndicate Finance
Assist with core Compliance and Company Secretarial activities. This will include committee organisation, prepaing meeting packs, company secretarial administration, compliance monitoring and assisting with specific regulatory projects. The placement will also involve assisting with preparing Board packs and collating data for regulatory returns.
Assist both the Corporate Finance and Syndicate Finance teams and gain an understanding of their role within the wider business. This will include providing Corporate Finance with assistance with the purchase ledger and cash book, as well as general bookkeeping and reconciliation work within Syndicate Finance.
Assist with core risk management activities. This will include key risk indicator and risk appetite monitoring, risk event reporting and analysis and risk and control reviews.
Provide general administrative support to other functions when required at peak times.
Key personal skills required
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Flexible approach and happy to adapt workload to changing priorities.
- Positive and mature outlook with a desire to learn.
- Highly numerate.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to produce consistently accurate work whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to use initiative but know when to refer work upwards.
- Good team player with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
Key technical skills, knowledge and professional qualifications required
- Must have recently attained 3 A-levels, 2 of which at grade 6/B or above and have both maths and English GCSE at grade 6/B or above (or equivalent).
- Can demonstrate initiative and ambition through extra-curricular achievements or work experience.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, notably Excel, with a natural ability to pick up new systems quickly.